Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Miami Protecting and Fighting for Injured Motorcyclists
Motorcyclists in Miami and throughout Florida are at serious risk of injury when operating their vehicles. Unfortunately, many motorcyclists suffer serious injuries due to the negligent actions of another person or an unreasonably dangerous situation. When you are injured in a motorcycle accident, it is very important that you contact a Miami motorcycle accident attorney who can pursue restitution on your behalf. Miami personal injury attorney Rey Padron represents clients throughout Florida and has experience with cases involving motorcycle accidents.
The following are some common causes of motorcycle accidents:
- Head-on collisions: Drivers who cross over into oncoming traffic and crash into a motorcycle head-on. These accidents can be incredibly serious and even deadly.
- Left turn: A driver making a left turn crashes into an oncoming motorcyclist. This is a very frequent type of motorcycle accident and one that has gained national attention through advertisements advising drivers to look out for motorcyclists.
- Rear-ending: Common when drivers are distracted or not paying attention. Other drivers slam into the back of a motorcycle causing potentially serious injuries.
- Hit-and-run accidents: It can be incredibly frustrating when other drivers do not stick around after hitting you or your loved one. When this happens, it only makes the situation more complicated due to a lack of direct evidence. Unfortunately, these types of accidents happen all the time.
These types of motorcycle crashes cause a variety of injuries. Motorcycle accidents tend to be more severe than other motor vehicle accidents. Because of the lack of inherent protection motorcycles provide, motorcycle injury victims often suffer severe injuries that include:
- Broken bones: Fractured or broken arms, legs, pelvis, and ribs are very common in a motorcycle crash. Motorcycle accident cases often include injury victims recovering financial compensation for injuries sustained in their motorcycle accident like broken bones.
- Back injuries: Depending on the nature of the impact, back injuries may include compression fractures, vertebral breaks, and ruptured discs among others. Back injuries are notorious for lingering for a long time.
- Spinal cord injuries: These types of injuries can leave victims with chronic pain, paralysis, and even death. Spinal cord injuries often have long-lasting impacts on accident victims. Severe injuries deserve the right justice. Seek the help of motorcycle accident lawyers if you have suffered a spinal cord injury.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) – Head injuries caused by motorcycle accidents are particularly dangerous because they can result in the victim slipping into a coma. These patients must be monitored closely following their accident and it is important to speak with an experienced lawyer who can provide specifics on the type of injury you or your loved one has sustained after a motorcycle accident.
- Soft tissue injuries including burns from being dragged along the road can occur in motorcycle accidents, as well. If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident and suffered one of these injuries, it is important to speak with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible.
It is important to seek medical attention as soon as you can following a motorcycle accident. Many motorcycle accidents end badly for accident injury victims. After seeking immediate medical attention, contact a Miami motorcycle accident lawyer to help you with your motorcycle accident lawsuit. Through this legal recourse, you can ensure that you receive the financial compensation you deserve for your motorcycle accident injuries.
If you have been in a motorcycle accident, it is important to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer about your case. You or your loved one could be entitled to financial compensation for injuries sustained in the crash, medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. If you are interested in speaking with an experienced Miami motorcycle accident lawyer regarding your personal injury case, contact The Law Firm of Rey Padron, PLLC today at (305) 800-5342.
What is Considered Negligence in Motorcycle Accidents?
Motor vehicle accident claims such as a motorcycle accident case require extensive proof that negligence caused your accident and the injuries associated with it. A motorcycle accident injury attorney in Miami can work with you from the beginning of your personal injury claim to help you determine if the other driver was negligent and, if so, how that negligence caused your injuries. If you can prove that someone else’s negligence led to your motorcycle crash and the resulting injuries, then you may be entitled to financial compensation.
Common forms of motorcycle accident negligence many riders face:
- Failure to yield: This occurs when another driver does not obey a traffic sign or signal and either collides with a motorcycle or fails to see one altogether;
- Driving under the influence (DUI) – Operating a vehicle while intoxicated is considered negligence, meaning it is automatically considered negligent without any further proof needed. The impact of this form of negligence is just as dangerous for motorcyclists as it is for occupants in cars.
- Distracted driving: This occurs when a driver loses their focus on the road and fails to notice a motorcycle or, worse, a motorcyclist. Distractions that may cause a distracted driver to crash into an oncoming bike include texting, talking on a cellphone, reaching for something in the car, putting on makeup, programming navigation systems, and checking GPS devices. In addition to these dangers caused by distractions. Distracted driving plagues many drivers today. Distracted driving, in some cases, can be even more dangerous than driving under the influence.
- Unsafe passing: A large number of crashes involving motorcycles occur when another vehicle fails to give enough room when attempting to pass a motorcycle. This type of negligence occurs because the driver either speeds up or slows down while passing, causing them to collide with a motorcyclist who may have been following too closely behind the vehicle.
When an individual fails to exercise the same degree of prudence or caution with which an ordinarily careful person would act in the same circumstances, this is considered negligent. An example of this includes when a driver fails to stop at red lights or stop signs. A skilled Miami motorcycle accident lawyer will use evidence showing that there was a failure to exercise ordinary care on the part of the other negligent party involved in your accident. Your attorney will also look into all safety equipment on your motorcycle, including turn signals, lights, and more to prove you took all the precautions necessary to drive on the road.
Proving fault and negligence may require a substantial amount of evidence that includes pictures of the accident scene, medical records, eyewitness accounts, police reports, and more. Gathering all the evidence to prove negligence can make your case stronger. The burden of proving fault in a motorcycle accident is on the injured party, which means you will need your attorney to help prove that another driver was legally negligent for causing your crash.
If you or someone you love has been injured by a negligent driver due to a motor vehicle accident involving a motorcycle, contact an experienced Miami motorcycle accident lawyer today. You or your loved one may be entitled to financial compensation for injuries sustained in the motorcycle crash. Legal representation for your motorcycle accident case may be the best way to recover the most compensation possible for your injuries. Although causes of motorcycle accidents vary, a motorcycle accident lawyer can hold motorists involved in your motorcycle injury case responsible for their negligence. Get the legal representation you deserve today by contacting our experienced motorcycle accident law firm.
What Potential Compensation Can I Recover in a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
The damages that can be recovered from a motorcycle accident can vary depending on the severity of the crash. The gravity of a person’s injuries can be determined by medical records, which can help determine the amount of compensation for your case. The following are types of damages that you may be eligible to recover after a motorcycle accident:
Motorcycle accidents can often result in injury to the rider, which means medical treatment is typically needed. Many times motorcycle riders sustain serious injuries that require hospitalization and painful recovery procedures. You may also need long-term care to continue living your life after a crash. The total cost for all of these treatments can run into tens of thousands of dollars. These costs are almost always covered by insurance policies or accident settlements because they are easily verifiable through records and documentation provided by medical professionals. The medical expenses you can recover include any out-of-pocket expenses like surgeries, medicine prescriptions, rehab costs, and more. Having a skilled Miami motorcycle accident lawyer on your side will make sure you receive the maximum amount of compensation for these expenses.
When you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is likely that you will be unable to work while you recover from your injuries. This loss of income can have a devastating impact on your financial position. Lost wages from a motorcycle accident claim may cover the time you missed from work while recovering from injuries, as well as future missed opportunities due to long-term or permanent disability caused by a crash. Recovering future lost wages may be difficult without the help of an experienced Miami motorcycle accident lawyer. Let a knowledgeable attorney help you receive a settlement that will cover lost wages from your motorcycle accident injury claim.
In some cases, it is possible for a person to be compensated for damages they sustained to their vehicle in an accident. Depending on the property damage you have suffered, a motorcycle accident lawyer could help you receive compensation for repairs or replacement of your motorcycle. If you were not at fault for causing the crash, then it is possible that another person may be held liable for these damages under Florida law.
Emotional pain and suffering
Serious injuries caused by accidents such as this can cause extreme emotional pain and suffering to victims and families of victims resulting in loss of enjoyment of life and lifelong mental scars that require counseling and treatment. These damages are hard for an insurance company to value, which means it may require the experience of a Miami personal injury attorney to prove. While not every accident will result in the same degree of emotional distress, an experienced Miami motorcycle accident lawyer can help you receive compensation for your pain and suffering.
Recovery for other damages
There are many different types of damages that can be recovered in a motorcycle accident claim, not just the ones listed above. These other damages may loss of consortium, loss of enjoyment of life, and more. Those claims vary depending on where you live and your unique situation because each case is unique. Each type of damage may have its own statute of limitations attached to it. You should always speak to an experienced Miami motorcycle accident lawyer if you have any questions about what damages could be available after your crash.
A skilled Miami motorcycle accident attorney knows how to successfully value your claim based on complex factors that are unique to your case. Don’t try and navigate the legal system alone, call a motorcycle accident attorney today to get the help you need going forward.
How Can Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Help Me?
No matter how your motorcycle accident occurred, our legal team can assist you in a variety of ways to ensure you are treated fairly throughout your motorcycle accident case. While a motorcycle collision may hurt your life in many ways, the responsibility of an experienced motorcycle accident attorney is to make sure you receive a fair settlement from the other driver’s insurance company. However, dealing with insurance companies can be a complicated process even for the most experienced motorcycle accident attorneys. That is why we take a personal approach to every case presented to us to ensure that your rights are fully protected and you receive the highest possible settlement from the insurance company that covers the other driver.
You can trust a Miami motorcycle accident attorney with your questions because they will provide you with the information you need in terms that are easy to understand when dealing with highly technical information about your case. An attorney understands how dangerous it is on the road due to reckless drivers, so be sure to speak directly with one of our legal team members at any time – especially before speaking with an insurance representative over the phone or in person. A skilled motorcycle accident lawyer knows how difficult these interactions can be. Insurance adjusters are trained to reduce the value of your claim as much as possible even if you have a strong case for greater compensation.
This is unfair to you, especially if the settlement offer you receive does not cover all of the losses you have sustained. Motorcycle accident laws are put in place to protect victims like you. We can deal with the legal side of your case so you can focus on recovering and taking care of your family.
Most Florida motorcycle owners who take the time to contact an attorney find that hiring a Miami motorcycle accident lawyer is one of the best decisions they have ever made, not only financially but also in terms of their peace of mind throughout the process. The reason why many people hire us for this type of litigation is our years of experience in successfully resolving claims relating to personal injury cases, including motorcycle accidents. We handle every aspect of working with insurance companies because we know how difficult these negotiations can be.
That means if you work with us, you don’t have to deal with being harassed by the insurance company or getting treated unfairly. Handling negotiations with insurance companies for motorcycle accident claims is something many motorcycle accident victims overlook. We place an emphasis on your rights to fair compensation and do whatever it takes to get you the compensation you deserve. Especially if you have suffered a serious injury or if your loved one suffered fatal injuries, we can fight to make sure you get the justice you deserve.
Is Hiring a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Right for Me?
When it comes to hiring motorcycle accident lawyers to help you with your case, it is important to consider the different aspects involved in your case. A skilled motorcycle accident attorney can help assist you during your entire case, including legal representation to ensure that you are treated fairly by the insurance company, but also making sure that you receive a settlement that is sufficient to cover all of your losses.
Hiring a motorcycle accident attorney to help you seek compensation for your injuries can be hard, but it’s necessary. The ability to hire the right attorney for your case is an important step towards ensuring that you are adequately compensated for your losses.
However, choosing the wrong lawyer could set you back instead of helping you move forward. Put your trust in our law firm to get you the results you deserve. Over the years, we have helped many injured motorcyclists get a fair settlement for their injuries. Motorcycle accidents occur because of the negligence of another party. This can include reckless drivers that disobey traffic signals or a negligent motorcycle manufacturer. Motorcycle accident lawsuits have always been a way to keep these negligent parties accountable for their actions. If you are a motorcycle rider that has been injured in a motorcycle crash, seek compensation for medical bills, lost income, and other damages with the help of our Miami personal injury law firm today.
Reach out to The Law Firm of Rey Padron, PLLC at (305) 800-5342 to get the personal injury representation you deserve going forward.